SURVIVAL & ALTRUISM
A UNIVERSAL PRINCIPLE OF ETHICS
This page contains two biological concepts implicit in our genetic information:
- Humanity has the vital imperative of trying to survive.
- Broad group altruism is the most efficient and effective means of doing so.
From these concepts a universal ethical principle can be deduced:
- It is good/better whatever is good/better for our survival.
The application of these ideas would facilitate the improvement of our coexistence and well-being. And it would increase the survival capacity of our humanity.
Content of the page
In the Summary our three hypotheses are presented.
- The Proposal of the hypotheses and their justification.
- The received Objections and their responses.
- The Context of the hypothesis with opinions from Philosophers, Biologists and Religions.
- Articles: comments to other authors texts
In Books is included:
- Supervivir, Survival and altruism and its english version Survival and Altruism.
- Other documents published in journals and other media.
- Bibliography. Closest texts and authors as well as other writings consulted.
- Presentation. And ideas for the future.
- Applications: List of 19 possible global applications to consider.
- The ideas and their utilities.
- Things to do by thinkers and executives.
- Tasks for everyone Some ideas to be good and happy.
The Author contains a brief C.V. and some pleas to the readers.